View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 02:27 AM   #6
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm about three quarters through so far and really enjoying it. I can't remember where I read it but remember seeing that when it first came out it was divisive and had some critical reviews although it also won the Booker that year. When it was nominated for Best of the Booker a little over a decade ago as one of the best Booker winners ever, it began to be reevaluated by critics, and the top Goodreads user reviews are basically very positive (the first page of reviews is almost all 5 star and none lower than 3). So as I've read I've wondered what might have caused the original divisiveness of opinion on it that was eventually overtaken by a coalition of positive sentiment.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote