View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #19
lymimi
lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.lymimi is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I went through 3 iterations of Paperwhite, 1-3, before switching to Kobo. I'm not going to evangelise in a Kindle forum, because the Paperwhite is a great reader, but it is nice to see Kindle users being reminded that there are options.

In my case I went from a Paperwhite 3 to a Clara HD (basically a PW4 w/o waterproofing), then to an Aura H2O2 (6.8 inch waterproof) and now a Libra (effectively an Oasis at 60% of the price). For most of that time, the one area where Kindle TOTALLY outdid Kobo was in the stock dictionary - Kindle's was (and is) great. Kobo's was useless. Now they're more or less the same.

Of course, one big edge for many Kindle users is Kindle Unlimited. The Kobo equivalent is not offered to many countries, so if that sort of "all you can eat" book buffet appeals, Kindle is a GREAT choice.
My husband wanted an e-reader, and we got him a kindle as well, because it's so popular and I have it myself. However he wanted to consider other brands, but unfortunately we didn't find many alternatives, and I'm sure Kobo wasn't one of them. I'll know now
lymimi is offline   Reply With Quote