View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 11:07 PM   #16
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'll have to think on which to vote for because I liked both previews. It's noticeable to me that of the two in the run-off, one begins in one time and moves to the future while contrarily the other begins in one time and moves to the past. Both sound like enjoyable reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I’ve read both Life After Life and Beautiful Ruins so I voted for something new to me. I loved the movie The Neverending Story too. I decided not to vote for this one because several reviews said the first half was excellent and similar to the movie and the second half was poorly executed.
That's good to know about The Neverending Story. I hadn't read any reviews of the book. Still I'd like to read it and see but it's good to tamper my expectations before diving in. I expect you liked Life After Life if you nominated it but what did you think about Beautiful Ruins (and darn it on nominating one you'd already read!)?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote