View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #34
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've never bothered with the library since I got into ebooks. Now that libraries do ebooks, perhaps I should. But I rather like being able to refer back to books I've read, and it's not an expensive hobby, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I don’t really like the library much either. I like having my own library! Then I can read whatever I want whenever I want!
I never saw the inside of a bookstore until I was 17 years old. Books were cost prohibitive in my childhood, so I took what I could get. Libraries were literally transformative in my life. They taught me the value of what I own now and also the value of retention and selectivity.

While I use my library now more for throwaway mysteries and other brain candy, I save a great deal not buying those titles instead. The lists my librarians curate have also led me to many new authors.

At the end of the day, I know it is preference for some and necessity for others. But I adore my library and how much it helps me control my own impulses.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote