View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #53
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I too just read the Assassin's Apprentice and really liked it, and also bought books 2 and 3. I'm halfway through the 2nd book and I'm not as happy with it because of unrealistic human actions. For example, Prince Verity's reaction to Prince Regal's treating of King Shrewd's illness, and this is just one glaring example. I'm fine with unrealistic magic in a fantasy novel, but not unrealistic human reactions. The 2nd book also moves at far slower pace. Lastly, a friend blurted out a spoiler, and if its true I won't even bother reading the 3rd book.