View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #70
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There’s a coyness about “I don’t buy ebooks” that’s intentionally suggestive. Why not say, “I don’t buy ebooks; I only read public domain.” Or “fan fiction.” Or “my diary.” The poster is implying his/her piratical practices or is just trying to stir up controversy. Or both, of course.

The poster doesn’t have to spell out what he/she actually does. But I can’t read those posts without thinking that they are deliberately leading to a particular conclusion.
Yes, exactly. Why say such a thing in such a way at all, on a public forum, if you don't want to draw any attention to yourself?

I'm no angel and have done more than one murky thing in my distant past, including pirating. It would never have entered my head to announce somewhere publicly I never buy and expect the other posters just to nod and smile. Unless it was a pirate forum, of course, but then those are generally not public.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote