Thread: New Leaf Still Life by Louise Penny
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #18
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

I had to stop reading the series after the books pivoted away from Three Pines, with Gamache taking on ...lately, the entire French government. And winning ....

Ruth Zardo is one of the greatest characters ever created, IMHO. And the use of Margaret Atwood's poetry is stunning.
Agree 1000% on Zardo and thanks for the heads up about Penny's latest. I bought it, but have been humming and hawwing about reading it, since her last few have been more miss than hit for me, MUCH more in the case of a couple. I'd hoped the move to Paris might have been a refreshing change, but apparently la plus ça change... Sounds like I can let the Devils live where they may, without disturbing them.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote