Thread: New Leaf Still Life by Louise Penny
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #9
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I agree, that's like saying salt can never equal sugar. You learn fast.
No, I don't. Or, you're deliberately choosing to misunderstand my point. Penny's books have nothing in common with Christie's Golden Age mysteries, so saying that they are not the equal thereof is pointless. The handful of Penny's books that really shone have psychological insights and character motivations that Christie never even came close to, making it equally valid to say that Poirot and Marple can never equal Gamache. Equally pointless too.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote