View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The Libra though has a far better screen than the Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Touch (worst for ghosting), Story book Cover (not HD), first Kindle Basic, PW2, Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1 and Sony PRS350, and Kindle Keyboard (AKA Kindle Gen 3) and even the Kindle PW4 (is that PW 2018).

The Original H20, while 267 dpi approx rather than 300 dpi, has the brightest in ambient light screen I've seen.

I saw the 1st 6" Sony sold in Ireland and tried it in a shop (Maybe their 2nd model) and would have bought it except I couldn't afford it. Wife also agreed that it was very very grey but also thought the only barrier was cost. This might have been before ANY Kindle or iPhone and when most smart phones were only 240 x 320 1/4 VGA.

We both read lots.

So really the only ones to avoid today are the larger than 8" (too heavy for many hours reading) or the Kindle Basic or the random brand 600 x 800 pixel models often with no touch. All the current 300 dpi screens are pretty good.

The PW4 and the Kobo Libra are I think the best choices for lots of reading with the Libra having the edge if you have an old Kindle registered on Amazon. Doesn't matter if lost or broken as long as still active on your account for Download via PC, not reported or blacklisted. The Serial number of it is in your Amazon Manage My Devices. Alf's Calibre plug-in is legal in many countries providing the ebook files are only for your own use and not distributed.
I believe that would have been the 3rd Sony Reader. The first was Japan only and the 2nd was USA only.

1st - Sony Librie EBR-1000EP
2nd - Sony Reader PRS-500
3rd - Sony Reader PRS-505
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote