View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #16
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I’ve finally finished the book, and it’s given me a broader perspective on WWII. I’ve always thought about the horror of the Holocaust. Also, how my parents’ generation had to go overseas to fight it, and how several relatives and family friends returned forever changed by their experiences.

This is the first time I’ve read so many firsthand accounts from people who were facing such a dire threat right on their own doorstep. It was very moving to see how they persevered with such bravery, and sacrifice. They showed such grit in the face of overwhelming circumstances. Their work ethic was incredible despite severe rationing. It’s given me a deeper appreciation, both for the men and women at Bletchley, and for regular people everywhere. They were exhausted, and must have been flooded with grief from so many loses, but they just refused to give up.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote