View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #15
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A quick look at Factfulness shows it to have a way way too many charts/graphs.
not sure I follow. Why’s that a strike against a book? Sometimes a chart / graph is the perfect way to illustrate what the author wants to convey.
I'm assuming the issue is that images are often problematic on e-readers. On Kobo readers you can use Kepub format to gain extra image manipulation, but in my experience it's cumbersome so I don't usually bother.

I'm only up to chapter two, and so far the graphs haven't been a problem for me in the book. A few are such that I cannot read the fine print, but the shape and heading has been enough - with the main text - to make the point pretty clear.

Other than that, I can only confirm what JSWolf has said: there are a lot charts/graphs in this book.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote