View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
I haven't read it, though I've had a copy for awhile now. I read Moser's translation of Agua Viva about two years ago. It was as your middle paragraph describes, mercurial, demanding of close attention. I found it interesting and worthwhile, though I can't say I recall that much specificity. I'd gotten it from the library, so I don't have it around for a refresher.

I'm intending to read The Hour of the Star once I finish my current read.

EDIT: I took a look and now see that Moser did not translate Agua Viva, it was Stefan Tobler. Moser wrote an introduction. And I think he was the driving force behind the series of new translations of Lispector's work.

Last edited by mirage; 08-21-2020 at 01:23 AM.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote