View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #5
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I enjoyed it. Like Charlie, I read it over time, so the repetition wasn’t grating.

It wasn’t a riveting read, but I enjoyed the pleasant stroll through earlier times. Part of the appeal is definitely the nostalgic scenes and memories of small town life. But, I can appreciate why someone may just find that idealized, boring and irrelevant.

However, setting aside the ‘quaintness’, I enjoyed Leacock’s low-key, wry sense of humour. Some of it felt dated and a bit overdone. But for the most part, I found it still chuckle worthy, and I thought his observations of human nature held true for today as well.

Last edited by Victoria; 08-15-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote