View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #45
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Well, I finished the series. Book 4 & 5 are a bit more serious - to be expected I guess.

Book 4 wasn't as smooth as book 3 ... say somewhere between 2 and 3. Our heroes are starting to show signs of growing up and the writing, I think, has improved over the last couple of books. I was entertained and by the end firmly convinced I would finish the series (the ending here is a bigger hook).

I thought book 5 was very well done. It skips over a lot of stuff between the end of 4 and the start of 5, and so our heroes gain a year and it shows as quite a marked step. Action-packed and a satisfying conclusion to the series.

I know the first book wasn't everything I was hoping for, but overall I enjoyed myself and I am glad to have read them.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote