View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #44
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
It turns out that the third ends with much the same sort of cliffhanger. To me these feel like very mild sorts of cliffhanger: the current quest is obviously over, the last little twist is just a reminder that the series isn't done yet.

In the first chapter of the third I felt a bit thrown in at the deep end, but that settled pretty quickly and from it felt like a much stronger book than the first two. The humour hit home much more often for me and the whole story felt more smoothly revealed. Still obviously for younger readers, but definitely the best so far.
Yes, you’re right. They’re hooks, not cliffhangers; they’re very effective but not at all unfair.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote