View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
The first book I thought of was Noah Gordon's Physician. From Amazon: [...]
I read this 15-20 years ago and enjoyed it enough that I recently purchased ebook editions of this and the two sequels on special, intending to re-read. So I'd be up for it if others were interested, but you're right, drofgnal, it is quite a doorstop of a book, and could be a bit much to expect for a club read.

I'm tempted to nominate The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro, because I liked it a lot and would like to re-read it soon ... but our last Ishiguro got very a mixed reception here.

Last edited by gmw; 08-02-2020 at 07:44 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote