View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #39
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
An interview with the author about the book:

https://rickriordan.com/2005/09/the-...disabled-hero/
That’s a great link John. It offers a completely different slant on why Roirdan has chosen such simple, straightforward language. Thank you - it increases my appreciation of the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I just finished book 2, and I concur ... mostly. It seemed to me that the book picked up somewhat in the latter half. I remember thinking early on: I'll finish this one and then stop. But now I've actually finished I am inclined to read on to the third.

It may have been helped by the fact that I knew what sort of thing to expect, but also by the fact that this book-starved man was having his first meal in over two weeks, so finished this one in day.
I agree with you. I thought the book picked up in the latter half too. It ended with a cliffhanger, which I often don’t appreciate. But in this case, I think it’s hooked me into giving the third a try too.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote