View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #17
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
At the risk of incurring Charlie’s wrath, I thought I’d say that Sunshine Sketches has been on my TBR for a long time, so that when I saw the posts here I thought I’d bump it up. I like it. It’s not uproarious, but it’s funny enough for my tastes and very effective as a snapshot of a time and place. And while I take astrangerhere’s reference to Winesburg, Ohio which I think is spot-on, I also get a distinct Mark Twain vibe.

I’m really just posting to say that it’s not as bad as all that, the contrary, in fact. It won’t make my ten-best list, but it’s a pleasant and amusing read, especially for summer. I’m glad the selection has got me to read it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote