View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I think the movie was better than the book. I think it was a good concept to get kids interested in Greek mythology, but it was just poorly executed.

Mostly I could not get past the writing. Just better writing would have made a big difference to me. Sometime it was just too immature, like the Macy's Parade pooper-scooper reference, or sometimes just plain bad (the Arch looks like a shopping bag handle???).

I liked Camp Half-Blood too. It's a location for kid movies and books that I think is appealing and timeless. Camp was cool and fun as a kid. Camp was going away from the parents and being more "adult." Camp Bunks/Houses create a convenient rivalry and also camaraderie. In this case competing houses had to work together too.
I'm vaguely considering watching the movie on Disney+, since I subscribed for Hamilton.

Re the Macy's parade--what threw me there was how in the world Percy could have been working the parade, not being a Macy's employee or a member of the NYC Department of Sanitation, and being a child.

Camp is not something I ever did, so I couldn't relate to it in any real way.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote