Thread: Literary Distancing • July 2020
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 06:03 PM   #14
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Next, for something a little different, I'll nominate Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's distancing in that the narrator travels to a foreign country, as well as how certain characters need to keep their distance from others. I've seen the '90s film and others like it but have never read the book.

Goodreads, Preview, 488 pages, 1897, Ireland & England
I almost nominated Frankenstein. I have not read Dracula but already own an annotated copy.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote