View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #11
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Been so busy this lately I hadn't even given this a thought until I saw the thread this morning. A recent read I mentioned on the "What are we reading thread" is A Grain of Salt by Dr. Joe Schwarcz (... speaking of busy, it's now over 12 hours later that I finish this post...) It was a good book about food and is offered in neat bite-sized pieces. But I think it's a bit long for Book Club; I know I spread it out over quite a long time.

Seeing people refer to short story collections did make me think of One Thousand and One Nights, but length is a problem, as is consistency (so many editions to choose from).

There are many cosy mysteries that would fit this ... but so far I haven't found any I'd want to re-read.

I picked up The Haunting of Hill House recently while it was on special at Kobo AU.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote