View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 AM   #15
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Suffice to say I really liked this book. It was a fun romp and a proper adventure (despite barely leaving Moonfleet for the longest time!).

I thought of this book and the clues to the treasure when not so long after reading it I heard about Forrest Fenn's treasure being found. If you're unaware of Forrest Fenn and his treasure hunt, he's an almost 90 year old native art and artifact dealer in the southwest US who decided to hide a treasure of gold and gems worth a few million dollars in the Rocky Mountains and publish a memoir with a poem in it which he stated if solved properly would lead you to his treasure.

That was about ten years ago and someone finally found it (although the circumstances are shrouded in mystery). I definitely spent a bit of time many years ago reading that poem and trying to decode it and zooming in and out of Google Earth. I loved it because it brought out the boy in me who loved the idea of going on an adventure to find some treasure.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote