View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #18
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I really enjoyed the historical portrait aspect as well.[...]
I think one of the things that made the book stand out for me was the use of San Francisco. Between my own researches concerning the city, and finding its distinctive character used in this and other stories*, the place feels quite real to me. I'd love to learn how the reality matches my imagination.

* I really like Christopher Moore's Love Story vampire trilogy, and these first led me to learn of Emperor Norton - a secondary character referred to as Emperor of San Francisco in these books. Apparently the character is also in Moore's Grim Reaper series, but I haven't read those yet.

Last edited by gmw; 06-18-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typos
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote