View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I will actually bite and nominate 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Its public domain and there are many good recordings available on Librivox, Youtube, etc. I would welcome a good escapist fantasy right now.
But the public domain version contains more then 300 errors. Are you sure you still want to nominate it? I know you can get the corrected version from Baen. It also has 23% more content as the what was edited out has been added back in. So it's a bit longer to read.

I really think that if this wins, that we should all be reading the same version and the only version I will read is the Baen version as I own it. I cannot say if this version has an audiobook edition.[/quote]

Quote:
I've read the Shipping News and it is incredibly bleak. I don't think I could read Proulx right now. It has all the things I don't want to read about - suicide, sex trafficking, domestic abuse.
I too do not want to read about all suicide, sex trafficking, and domestic abuse. That would be a major downer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote