View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 06:40 AM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes it does. The same indents and no paragraph spaces makes more sense then paragraph spaces with or without indents. Paragraph spaces can take me out of the story. That's why they have to go. They get in the way. Formatting that you pay attention to while reading or formatting you notice while reading is very poor formatting.
No, they take you out of the story. Even though above you posted that you didn't want publishers to duplicate the look of a paper book, most of your comments and suggestions seem to go against this. And this is one of them.

Personally, prefer the indent/no paragraph spacing layout. When I do find a book the other way, I'll probably fix it, but, only when I need to fix something else. If it is "throwing me out of the book", it is because it was already happening because of something else.

I think, that one of the reasons that people like it, is that for short paragraphs at least, you can absorb the whole paragraph in one go. And for ragged-right formatting, it probably makes it clearer where the paragraph ends. I don't have a way to prove any of this, but, it feels that way when I do read a book formatted that way.

Of course, the most important thing is that my wife prefers the the space between paragraphs. It doesn't matter to her much, but, when I suggested that I could show her how to "fix" them, she said no. This has a lot more impact on me than your constant rants (and yes, they are both "constant" and "rants").
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote