View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have read a few of the Amelia Peabody books but don’t remember much about Amelia’s roots and history. I tried researching to see if Amelia was an inspiration from Christie and it seems that she was inspired more from real life people. It’s interesting how we each have different ideas of what this book reminds us of. For me, the tone of voice of Anne the Adventuress reminded me of an even more modern book, Olives Joules and Her Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding (of Bridget Jones fame). I adored this book and wish that she had continued this series.
Anne seems similar to Tarzan's Jane--dutiful, motherless daughter dominated by a scholar-father.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote