View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 863127 View Post
I'm new to learning about ebook readers. I'm interested in buying one with a large screen -- closer to the size of 8.5 x 11" paper or larger the better -- and I would prefer no wireless, no backlight, no features other than a grayscale screen, USB connection, PDF support, and an add-on storage card slot. I'd like if it's common enough to find one used but I might pay for a new one depending on the price. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 863127 View Post
I'm also interested in models with smaller screen sizes with the other specs. ...
I think about the closest you can come to this with a new reader is the PocketBook Basic 3. It has WiFi (and a 6" screen) but no touch screen and no front light. It does have the microSD slot and comes with 8GBs built-in. Most large screen readers are going to have all the "bells and whistles" since they're considered premium readers.

PocketBook Basic 3...
https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/basic/basic-3

If you live in the U.S., it appears these can be purchased from Tech Inn, currently for $70 plus shipping. (Ignore the blurb below the Basic 3 in this link, they've accidentally given information for a different model on this page.)

Tech Inn
https://www.techinn.com/en/pocketboo...-6/137356315/p
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote