View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I couldn't stay focused. I was listening to the audiobook, and when I came to the part when Anne passionately declares her love for the man in the brown suit, I thought, Huh? When did this happen? I actually went back to the beginning to start over, because clearly I must have missed something. And then I missed it again, I guess, since I still have no clear idea what caused her outburst about undying love for Brown Suit.

After that, I stopped worrying about whether I missed something. I just accepted that the book was not holding my attention and kept going.
Catlady, did you listen to the audiobook narrated by Zehra Jane Naqvi? I had trouble concentrating too and kept replaying portions. Then I switched to the ebook format and started over and realized that I had indeed missed many details! I found the written book to be more enjoyable than the audiobook.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote