View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I Will Not Follow Where the Path May Lead • May 2020

Help select what we'll read and discuss next!

The topic is I Will Not Follow Where the Path May Lead.

The title is from a poem by Muriel Strode, with the full first line, 'I will not follow where the path may lead, but I will go where there is no path, and I will leave a trail.' The topic might refer to anything travel-themed, adventurous and fun. It might refer to a trailblazer, or someone or something off the beaten path, or someone going in an unexpected direction to make their own way. There are also the ideas of exploration, wonder, freshness, discovery, or however else you may interpret.

Detailed nominating and voting guidelines can be found here. Basically, nominations are open for about four days and each person may nominate up to three literary selections which will go automatically to the vote. Voting by post then opens for four days, and a voter may give each nomination either one or two votes but only has a limited number of votes to use which is equal to the number of nominations minus one. Any questions, feel free to ask.

We hope that you will read the selection with us and join in the discussion.

Nominations are now complete. Initial voting is complete. Run-off voting is complete. Final results-
  • Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 272 Pages . Votes 5 . Run-off 3 . 1898 . England

• Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 218 Pages . Votes 3 . Run-off – . 1939 . England, U.S. & Germany

• Nation by Terry Pratchett
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 396 Pages . Votes 0 . Run-off – . 2008 . England

• Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 943 Pages . Votes 2 . Run-off – . 2003 . Australia & India

• The Caliph’s House by Tahir Shah
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 356 Pages . Votes 5 . Run-off 1 . 2006 . England & Morocco

• The Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivey
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 432 Pages . Votes 0 . Run-off – . 2016 . U.S.

• 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 260 Pages . Votes 2 . Run-off – . 1968 . England & Sri Lanka

• Scoop by Evelyn Waugh
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 284 Pages . Votes 0 . Run-off – . 1938 . England

• Beyond the Black Stump by Nevil Shute
    Post . Goodreads . Preview . 272 Pages . Votes 5 . Run-off 1 . 1956 . England & Australia

Last edited by sun surfer; 05-12-2020 at 02:49 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote