Thread: Max 3 Rooted
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 04:14 PM   #67
diabl0w
Connoisseur
diabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enough

Device: Max3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWithMachine View Post
agreed, boox devices like ours are very root friendly, didnt expect that.
I rooted a Sony phone a few years ago, it was very complicated, took days and could not be undone because of the cracked bootloader

btw

I would like to make a list of apps that are easy to use on E-ink displays. No reading apps because they are optimized by default. Also like games and small tools, what do you use?
I mostly use my Max3 for work on bioinformatics research. This is mostly taking notes, reading articles, and writing papers. For taking notes, the builtin note app is great. For reading articles, the builtin reader is great. For writing papers I am bouncing back and forth between AndrOpen Office and just using a vim binary in Terminal Emulator and writing in markdown. The emulator is actually quite pleasant to use with the cross-compiled binaries magisk module.

Another interesting app that I use is DeskDock. This allows me to set up the device as a third monitor but still use the android userspace instead of just using it as an actual monitor for the desktop. I like this better than using the monitor app.
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote