View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
My reaction was the same as Catlady. I have not read ERB as well, and I have vague recollections of what must have been the movies or TV series from childhood. The book was also darker than I expected (e.g. cannibalism). I found the ending a disappointment because he doesn't get the girl, and it ends as a cliff-hanger. I understand why now. However, I did not know previously that Tarzan was such a big literary franchise (24 books in the series - wow!). The information upthread about the real estate development was very interesting. I never linked Tarzana, CA to Tarzan.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 04-16-2020 at 12:14 AM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote