Thread: Literary Viral • April 2020
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 01:57 AM   #46
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I’m going to get my vote in early:

1 to The Samurai’s Garden

I’ll be equally happy with the selection this month whether this one wins or I’m outvoted.

On the one hand, I’ve always wanted to read Saramago, and the lit club has never read anything from Portugal yet.

On the other hand, I’ve seen the film Blindness and know the general story already, and though The Samurai’s Garden was basically unknown to me before I stumbled upon it looking for nominations, I did enjoy the preview and think it sounds really good.

Either way, we’re getting a selection with a very high rating on Goodreads- Blindness has a 4.12 and The Samurai’s Garden a 4.13. Also, it’s interesting that these two were published only a year apart in the 1990s- The Samurai’s Garden in 1994 and Blindness in 1995.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote