View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #62
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've finally finished Anne, and will go back and read through the comments in the morning. But a few remarks first.

I read Anne at some point long ago, and I believe I've conflated it with Pollyanna in my hazy recollections.

The shift from the slow-moving early part of the book to the drama of the last chapters seemed abrupt. Suddenly there were major life-changing events happening, instead of a string of funny episodes.

I didn't dislike Anne overall, but some of her flights of fancy got to be a bit much. She seemed younger than her stated age for much of the book.

I'm not surprised that this book didn't stick in my memory from childhood; I wouldn't have found much about her relatable--she wasn't a kindred spirit.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote