View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 05:10 AM   #4
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Pevear and Volokhonsky are definitely the best translators of note for Russian Literature. I've read their translation of War and Peace, twice now. I've got another book in front of this one, but will be reading this after that.

One note, by listening to the book, you are missing out on many of the cultural and historical footnotes that Pevear and Volokhonsky have in the ebook format. That's what I love about their translations.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote