View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:24 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is a frequently discussed topic, and there are a lot of solutions people do. The simplest solution is to add a yes/no column and set it to yes when finished. Another is to use the rating column and set that when finished. If you want the date read, then add a date column and set that it when finished.

Personally, I use a few things:

Firstly, I use "percent read" and "date last read" columns. These are automatically retrieved from my Kobo devices when I plug them in. Unread means those columns have nothing and 100% means it is finished.

I also use the Reading List plugin. That has a list for "To Read", "Reading" and "Read". Adding a book to one of these updates a column with the matching status. Removing the book from the list, removes the status. I have other lists and statuses for other things. The status column is used to create collections on my Kobo devices.

I also update the status on Goodreads. This is automatically done (using the Goodreads Sync plugin) when the status is fetched from my devices.

Lastly, I have some column icon rules that set an icon in the percent read column based on the state. A tick means it has been read, an open book for reading, a star if the book is finished but doesn't have a rating and some other things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote