View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #28
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I read two of the non-winning selections over the last month, Where'd You Go, Bernadette and Tin Man.

I wasn't impressed with Where'd You Go, Bernadette despite relating to her character and finding some parts quite funny. It was too precocious and something of a disappointment so I'm glad it didn't win, although who knows, sometimes it's fun to discuss a book's shortcomings (i.e. shred a book to pieces, lol).

On the other hand, I loved the sensitive and lyrical Tin Man. However, though it's ultimately hopeful it was extremely melancholic, even more than I thought it might be, so I'd recommend the book to anyone interested with the caveat to make sure you're ready for a terribly sad book.
Maybe Where'd You Go, Bernadette is better as a movie. It's still on my list to read. Thanks for the info on Tin Man.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote