View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:43 PM   #29
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Perhaps part of our trickiness is in trying to have the second qualifying word or phrase. So for example, a single phrase like The grass is greener leaves the theme open to a straight interpretation of what the saying means, or a book about Ireland, or whatever.

Here’s another, which I put up some time back but which was too close to another theme that we selected: Over the hills and far away to which could be added Travel or Journeys if people want to stick with the second part.

ETA: Or perhaps we could just have a single word theme, as with gmw’s Survivors or Colo(u)r or Journeys.
I don't agree that the second part is the problem; I think that helps to focus the theme a little bit to what the person intends or hopes for, but still leaves the first part open.

Over the Hills and Far Away: Journeys seems fine to me--I see Journeys as more expansive than Travel; e.g., Journeys could include personal growth.

I'll be blunt and say I don't like Survivors--I don't know what to do with it. What comes to mind are memoirs or nonfiction adventure stories; I don't know how to broaden it out to something I personally would want to read. Sadly, I also have a problem with Morality Tales--after Aesop's Fables, what fits?

(Sorry, GMW.)
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote