View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Which Paperwhite? I have the 10th generation Paperwhite (“PW4”) and it has Disable Touchscreen feature (5.12.3). You must use swipe to turn pages. Oasis has this feature as well (for at least a couple of years).

However my Voyage, running same 5.12.3, does not. I also have Kindle 8th and 10th generation but do not have them at hand to check.

It is not clear to me why it would depend on hardware and not just software, but my 2 device sample suggests it is the case.

My guess is that you need 8th generation or later Kindle for the feature to be present, and that therefore it only exists on the latest Paperwhite (which you probably do not have).

It is not a feature I’ve ever used (except to try). It is rare when I read something straight through without looking up a word, X-ray, tap to see where I am in the book, highlight etc., all of which are not readily available.
Kobo does it better. Tapping is still available for when you need to tap to change settings or lookup words and page turns do not work with taps. You need to swipe. This (IMHO) works much better.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote