View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 05:09 AM   #71
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I'm not sure the two books were symbolic, but they would certainly have been unlikely to sell in a place like Hardborough. A university town maybe, if they were set texts.

I think that for Florence they were, like her, rejected, and so she rescued them from the wreckage of her enterprise. I don't see that she kept them as mementoes. That seems too lighthearted for the situation in which she found herself.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote