View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 01:57 AM   #39
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I agree with you Victoria about the landscape, but I think it is also very symbolic of what is going on. In my review on Goodreads, I likened Violet Gamart to the sea:

Quote:
There are some lovely descriptions of the landscape and the birdlife to be seen, and a real sense of the power of the sea encroaching always on the land and the structures raised by humans: the river became unnavigable, the swing bridge fell in, the sea wall caved in, and a housing estate built on a cliff top was tumbling into the sea before anyone had moved into it.

Violet Gamart is as inexorable and as ruthless as the sea, sweeping aside anything and anyone in her way.
She was checked for a while by Mr Brundish, but eventually she triumphed over him too, claiming him to be a supporter once he was safely dead. She was unstoppable.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote