View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #26
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post

"Surely you have to succeed, if you give everything you have." Or maybe not.... The book is ultimately about failure rather than success. The last sentence of the book was a gut punch. She starts the book with anxious and sleepless nights and ends it in shame forced out of town.

However, I appreciated the book much more after finishing and reflecting on the bigger picture of the book's journey and having the perspective of knowing the outcome. I can understand why she made the character and plot development choices that she did now.
The gut punch for me was when Florence thought Mr. Brundish had come around to idea of an arts centre. The author certainly didn’t leave us much for consolation! She ripped everything to shreds by the end.

She did give us the human decency of Mr. Brundish, Raven, Christine and the scouts though; I guess they were the counterbalance.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote