View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'll be good with any of the three, so I'm making this decision based on the author I've most recently read. I haven't ever read Mairal, and I've only read one Huxley, his most famous Brave New World, and that a long time ago in school. With Steinbeck, I've read both The Grapes of Wrath and Cannery Row in the last five or so years (both as selections for the general book club some years ago), as well as Of Mice and Men a long time ago. So my votes go to

1 to The Missing Year of Juan Salvatierra
1 to Crome Yellow

But I'll be happy if Cup of Gold wins as well; I just couldn't think of a better way to decide! For what it's worth, I love a good open seas adventure story so it's right up my alley.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote