View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #7
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
No illustrations in the ebook. Just the power of your imagination! I felt that they were described with enough detail that I could really see them in my mind.

Did you finish the book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
My copy of the ebook (bought from amazon UK fwiw) has a couple of illustrations. One is of the cover of Doctor Eleven vol 1, no 1. The other is the panel described in chapter eight.

The one captioned, I stood looking over my damaged home and tried to forget the sweetness of life on Earth.

The art style is quite retro.
Thanks to both of you. That is interesting they include illustrations only on certain versions; you'd think, with the comic being such an integral part of the story, that the author would've wanted all versions to have the illustrations if any of them did.

The reason I'd asked is because when searching for covers to include in the first post, I fleetingly came across some illustrations that looked like comic strip panels of scenes from the imaginary comic in the book. I didn't quite realise it at the time, but once I was into the book and the descriptions of the comic came it made me wonder.

And yes, Bookworm_Girl, I've now finished.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote