View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #75
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Oh, I noticed the repetition all right , I just didn't like it. It feels like a beginner's mistake. Of course, Greene is no beginner by this time so we know the repetition is intentional, but - for me - it still reads like a poorly edited YA romance.

There is a really good chance that my reaction might be because it touches on two subjects I find particularly contentious: adultery and religion. I sort of like the idea of combining the two, but for a different reason to Greene, so I was probably never going to like this.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote