View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #39
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We are throwing away a lot of electronics that would still be in use if they had a user replaceable battery. The thing is, even if we no longer use these older device, we might be able to give them to someone else to use. But with the battery needing replaced and no way to replace it, it just gets thrown away.
Would it really change things, though?

Our old flip phones all had user replaceable batteries. We've never replaced the batteries on any of them since it was harder and more expensive to get a replacement battery than it was to replace the entire phone.

I've never bothered with battery replacement on our older iPhones and Androids since they were already too slow by the time the battery died. Still very happy with my iPhone 7 though and it'll be useful as a travel phone so I'll get battery on that one replaced by Apple ($50?).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote