View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Yep. The first iPhone was a miracle. It was truly a leap into "Macintosh in your pocket".

It pales in comparison to today's state of the art....but no phone prior had to do the computing that the iPhone was accomplishing.

But COULD Apple have designed a replaceable battery? Of course. The phone would have needed to be thicker. The batter would need it's own case/shell that a non-user serviceable batter does not need. It would take more space in the phone for the battery, in addition to the battery now being larger. Then there's building in the door/hinge that enables you to get access to the battery.

And all of the iPhone class phones have followed suit....because they had the same engineering challenges that led Apple to making the choice in the first place.
So the iPhone might have been thicker. But yes, Apple could have designed it to have a user replaceable battery. And given that today (IMHO), the iPhones are too thin, having them be thicker to support a user replaceable battery would be a good thing. I really dislike my iPhone 6s when it's not in it's case. And I know I would dislike any newer iPhone that's even thinner when not in a case to make it thicker.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote