View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #113
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Indeed, we're still in an era where it's news that women in the workplace are, just now, getting the right not to be forced to wear high heels, of all the torture instruments! Or at least, they're finally getting it here in Canada -- I'm not sure about elsewhere anymore. And where even school uniform codes are routinely far more restrictive and sexist for girls. To "protect" the boys from being unduly aroused!

And yes, Catlady, I all too well remember those ads. I find myself pretty much unable to watch most of older TV because I find it way too offensive -- very little of it has aged well. OTOH, I do manage to read quite a bit of older fiction, which is still full of this subtle, or not so subtle, sexism and discrimination.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote