View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I am very interested in Japanese culture and have a reading and listening comprehension of the language, though my spoken skills are still meh. I follow the NHK and a few shimbun (newspaper) twitters to keep my skills fresh. I was following all of them the day the tsunami hit. I had the NHK live stream on in my office the whole day and many of the days that followed.

I think there is something to be said that maybe the book doesn't address the way I had hoped it would - Japan is still one of the most disaster-prepared nations in the world. This once episode of the school was a tragedy, but it was the exception to the rule in many ways. The government reaction, however, was not.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote