View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #59
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Good point! I had forgotten that the child was another Helen. Mind you, that is a bit reminiscent of Heathcliff's son and Cathy's daughter marrying - I think I am remembering that rightly? - and so resolving the unhappiness of the previous generation. (It's a very long time since I read Wuthering Heights and confess I haven't looked it up to check.)
Not quite. Catherine Linton and Linton Heathcliff married, but only because Heathcliff held young Catherine against her will until she agreed. Young Linton was a miserable fellow and it was an unhappy but fortunately short marriage, as Linton was sickly. It was on Catherine's subsequent union with Hareton Earnshaw, son of Catherine the Elder's brother Hindley, that happiness ensued.

(Don't mind me. I pretty much memorized Wuthering Heights when I was a girl.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote