View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #58
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I wonder if that is why Anne chose the name Helen for little Arthur's wife. Helen is the daughter of friend Millicent (a good person who also made a poor marriage choice) and Mr. Hattersley (the degenerate who made a true reformation from his bad behavior to decent husband and father). The tidy ending means that little Arthur has to marry someone worthy and have the happy and loving marriage that his parents didn't have. (Besides the obvious Millicent selected the name in honor of her friend.)
Good point! I had forgotten that the child was another Helen. Mind you, that is a bit reminiscent of Heathcliff's son and Cathy's daughter marrying - I think I am remembering that rightly? - and so resolving the unhappiness of the previous generation. (It's a very long time since I read Wuthering Heights and confess I haven't looked it up to check.)
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote